Sunday 30 March 2014

Brow Bliss

I was getting dressed for work and was applying my make-up.  While I was waiting for the e.l.f Mineral Infused Face Primer to work its magic I started filling in my eyebrows.  I don't know why I thought I could hold the concealer, concealer brush and brow pencil in the same hand at the same time.  Before long I dropped the liner and I cringed as I waited for it to hit the floor.

I feared the worst,  I had visions of the entire point breaking off.  As I picked it up I noticed that the point had not broken and I breathed a sigh of relief, but it was bent out of shape.  I rubbed it in tissue until I had a decent enough point.  As I was about to discard the tissue I looked at the amount of product that was left on it.  It was quite a bit and I felt bad about all the product that I would lose once I dumped the tissue because I am a firm believer that make-up should never be wasted.

As I thought about it mournfully I suddenly had the idea to swipe my angle brush on the product that was in the tissue and fill my brows using that.  I was shocked and pleased with the result.  My brows looked much better that when I used the pencil.  I think I might be on to something here.




The thing is, for a little while now I was dissatisfied with the rounded point of the pencil which is a challenge to work with because of the lack of precision. I have tried brow powders but I haven't found a shade dark enough that will show up on me.  I wasn't able to figure out how to get the best result from my pencil on my own, but through this mishap I stumbled upon it.

What started out as a tragedy turned into something fantastic.  I'm still trying to get used to this new technique but so far so good.

Click here to find out how to create natural looking eyebrows.

"...because your make-up should always enhance." - Nakita Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment