Sunday 6 April 2014

Review - Avon Total Radiance Solutions A.M./P.M. Dual Cleanser

When my sister gave me a two-in-one bottle of Avon Total Radiance Solutions A.M./P.M. Dual Cleanser I was so excited!!!  

From the first time I saw this type of packaging at the Avon display booths at various sales events it caught my attention because it is so unique.  It is true that our skin has different  needs first thing in the morning vs last thing at night, so I could not wait to use the Refreshing Day Cleanser and Makeup Removing Night Cleanser.



I don't usually purchase Avon skincare products because it's easier for me to just buy something from the beauty supply store.  The opportunity to test this product was not going to pass me by.

The first time I used it I realised that I was not fond of the smell, it reminded me of those hand-soaps that have a plastic, artificial smell. which I dislike immensely. I held my breath as much as possible, and tried to ignore the smell when I had to breathe. 

After washing my face it felt stiff and looked dry.  Interestingly enough, by the time I applied my make-up my skin was glowing and dewy.  This all seemed a bit strange to me, I could not believe that it was the same skin.  

I would hate to think that the cleanser intentionally dries out the skin which will result in the production of excess oils to compensate for the initial dryness.  That cannot be good for the skin, plus I prefer a matte finish.  I used it for one week to monitor the results and they were consistent during that period.  

What a shocker.  I really did not expect it to turn out like this.  The whole experience left me feeling very disappointed,  I had such high hopes in the beginning.  This one was a definite miss for me. 

"...because your make-up should always enhance." - Nakita Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment