Wednesday 5 June 2013

Just 'BROWS-ing' - My Secret to Natural Looking Eyebrow Filling



Do you have naturally sparse brows like me?

Or maybe you removed too much hair while shaping  your brows?

There's no need to panic or worry.

Thankfully there are products (pencil, pen, powder, cream) and techniques (free hand, stencils) that you can use to make your eyebrows look thicker aka eyebrow filling.

I will always remember when Oprah Winfrey featured her make-up artist on the Oprah Winfrey Show.    He advised that the liner should be as close to your natural eyebrow colour as possible and to use short, light strokes.  My eyes remained glued to the screen from start to finish.

I decided to try it his way and I was pleased with the result.  That was the end of drawing lines with  black eyeliner on my eyebrows, which was the rage in my teen years and is still currently very popular in Barbados.  Yes, the short strokes take more time than the lines, but it's worth the effort because they look more natural. I can honestly say that watching that episode improved my eyebrow filling skills immensely.

Only applying the product to the area that doesn't have hair will also give a more natural looking eyebrow.  It's called eyebrow filling for a reason.  You can't fill something that is already full;  you'll just end up making a mess. This everyday concept applies to eyebrow filling as well.

I don't usually have lots of time to do my make-up, so I prefer to fill my eyebrows freehand with a brow pencil, which is faster than using eyebrow stencils and eyebrow powders. Aligning the eyebrow stencils  to ensure that your eyebrows are filled symmetrically, and repeatedly dipping the brush into the powder requires time that I don't have to spare.

Eyebrow filling should enhance your brows and your entire face.  Please, please, please use a product and technique that looks natural and believable - no one should be able to detect that they are filled in.

Is there a topic that you would like me to write about?  Send me an email at beautiful.unspoilt@gmail.com with the details.

Until next time!

"...because your make-up should always BE (Blend and Enhance)." - Nakita Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment