Friday 8 March 2013

Nightmare on Make-up Street - Eye-shadow Fallout




Eye-shadow can be so horrifying sometimes.

You apply it to your eyelid but it ends up underneath your eye, on your eyelashes,  cheek, nose bridge or even next to your eye.

 It is not a pretty sight.  *GASPS*










"How can I end this nightmare?" you may ask.









Well, this tip that I learnt at Out of the Beauty Box (O2B2) in 2011 from Koren Zander and Elessa Jade should turn your nightmare into a beautiful dream.

It's so simple and it works.  I call it D.T.A (Dip Tap Apply) -

  1. Dip the brush or applicator into the eye-shadow
  2. Tap the brush or applicator until all of the excess eye-shadow falls off 
  3. Apply the eye-shadow to your eyelid
Easy, right?

They also taught me to apply my eye-shadow first so that I can wipe away any fallout without removing any primer, foundation etc.  Make-up can be costly and should never be wasted by wiping it off and reapplying unnecessarily.

I have tried the 'loose powder technique' but that did not work for me.  It involves putting translucent powder underneath your eye, applying your eye-shadow and brushing away the loose powder when you are done.

Some persons use Shadow Shields but I have not had the opportunity to try those as yet;  I have not seen them in the Beauty Supply stores here in Barbados.

Whichever method you choose; please remember to clean off any fallout before leaving home - even the smallest speck.

I have found a way to end my nightmare; which method will you use to end yours?


"...because your make-up should always BE (Blend and Enhance)." - Nakita Squires



No comments:

Post a Comment