Tuesday 19 March 2013

ERROR - That Is Not The Correct Shade For This Client (Part 3)


Click here for Part 1


Click here for Part 2


My suspicions were confirmed; the shade used really was too light for my skin tone.

I told the sales rep this but because it was the darkest shade in the store she encouraged me to buy it.  Needless to say I left the store without buying the foundation.



I went elsewhere and bought something that was more expensive but it was something I had used years ago.  The only reason I had stopped using it was because the retailer had stopped selling my shade; thankfully it was in stock.

It saddened me and angered me slightly to think that (1) had I not known what to look for I would have bought that foundation and (2) unsuspecting women would have received and accepted similar 'solutions'.

More make-up sales reps must realise the importance of what they do and take it seriously.  They have a duty to ensure that their recommendations enhance the beauty of their customers.  Please, please don't just sell what you have; sell something that meets the needs of the customer.

In the meantime we must educate ourselves so that we know what to look for.  Thankfully there is a lot of information available on the Internet. I shudder to think that I would have been styling around with an ashy looking face as was the case years ago from previous consultations.

What kind of experience have you had with make-up consultations and recommendations?  



"...because your make-up should always BE (Blend and Enhance)." - Nakita Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment