Thursday 15 October 2015

These Lips, These Lips, These Dry Lips

Image Source - n2fab.polyvore.com
For as long as I can remember, my lips always stage a revolt after I apply my lipstick. 

Let me explain...

My lips look normal before and after I apply lipstick.  But eventually dry skin appears on my lips out of nowhere it would seem. 

It's not a good look at all.

I drink water on most days and exfoliate my lips often.  I also use lip balm before applying lipstick, and lip gloss after.   I've tried different brands and formulas - including moisturizing and the results are always the same.  While writing this post I considered the possibility that I am having an allergic reaction but I can't possibly be allergic to them all!  

Years ago I had even stopped wearing lipstick and only wore gloss.  I was wearing eyeshadow then, so I was still getting my  colour fix.   All was well with the world until I stopped wearing eyeshadow (CLICK HERE and HERE to find out why) and  yes, you guessed it - lipstick was my 'friend' once more.

Well,  that friendship is on rocky ground again, but I'm still not wearing eyeshadow. Sooooo I'll be lining my lashline and wearing blush and mascara to compensate.  We'll see how long I can keep that up because that will require more time and I am always rushing to get ready.

Want some lip exfoliation tips? CLICK HERE 



"...because your make-up should always enhance." - Nakita Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment