Tuesday 6 October 2015

Exfoli...Wait A Minute!!!

Exfoliation is nothing new to the make-up world, it is the removal of dry, dead skin.  

I've known about face scrubs from my early make-up days but I can only recall hearing about lip scrubs in recent years.  



I have tried some lip scrub products but they did not work.  The only method that leaves my lips smooth is using a soft toothbrush.

I used to think that that I had to keep scrubbing until all of the dry,dead skin was removed.  I mean what's the sense of exfoliating if dry,dead skin is still on your lips when you are finished? On two recent occasions the skin was very stubborn but I was determined to remove it.  

Well, I achieved my goal but it left my lips sore...OUCH!  I only realised this after I was finished. I didn't feel any soreness while I was scrubbing.  I wasn't rough, I didn't scrub with wild abandon, I really don't understand what went wrong.  I've been exfoliating my lips for years and this has never happened before.  It won't happen again, you can bet on that.

The discomfort was bearable but it's not something I want to repeat.  I hope you never have a similar experience.

CLICK HERE (WIKIHOW) and CLICK HERE (The Gloss) for some lip exfoliation tips. 

Just be aware that you should always exfoliate with care! (that has a nice ring to it *smile*)

"...because your make-up should always enhance." - Nakita Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment