Friday 23 October 2015

Time To Say Goodbye


After it dawned on me that my lips might be having an allergic reaction to lipstick ( CLICK HERE to read about that 'aha' moment), I decided to throw away my personal lip products that I was holding on to that had expired.

Yes, you read correctly, expired.  Sadly, make-up does not last forever, but after you have spent so much money on your make-up, it seems like such a waste to get rid of it.  Especially when the majority of the product has not been used  (to get the make-up expiration times CLICK HERE ).  I had decided to keep using them because they still smelt and looked the same.

Believe me when I tell you that this was not an immediate decision, I thought long and hard about this.  I removed the products from the shelf but I couldn't bring myself to just throw them in the garbage.  They were all excellent products so this post is a brief tribute to them.

Roll Call
  1. Arista Lipstick - Purple Rain (View Swatch
  2. Bath & Body Works Liplicious Lipgloss - Cotton Candy
  3. OCC Lip Tar - Hoochie (View Swatch to see the swatch)
  4. NYX Lipsmacking Colours - Hero (View Swatch)
  5. L.A. Colors Moisturizing Lipgloss - Blazing Violet (View Swatch)
  6. NYX Lipgloss - African Queen (View Swatch )
  7. Makeup Forever Lip Gloss 
It honestly pained me to discard them, but I still have quite a few left - some that I haven't used yet (CLICK HERE to see what I mean).

This is why I wish there were more mini-sized products - CLICK HERE to read about that.  I would definitely feel much better about tossing a mini product.

"...because your make-up should always enhance." - Nakita Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment