Monday 16 February 2015

The Day My Make-Up Melted


I was attending an outdoors event during the peak of summer, and I anticipated that the sun would be at its hottest.

I had  no worries when I applied my make-up that day. I believed that the Primer (click here) and Setting Spray (click here) would help my make-up to last, which is what they are supposed to do and they usually work for me (click here).  I even wore a baseball cap and took an umbrella. I felt confident that I would survive the sweltering heat.

Soon after arriving at the event I began to perspire - the heat of the sun was scorching!!!  I wasn't concerned because my make-up always lasts, but as the saying goes, 'there's a first time for everything'.

The sweat was pouring down my face.  I touched my face and when I glanced at my hand, it had make-up on it!  I was very disturbed; this has never happened to me before.  I could not believe my eyes.


I was very confused.  My make-up has survived the summer heat before, but today it was much hotter than usual.  My make-up didn't have a chance against the extreme heat.

I felt angry and disappointed that the products did not work; products that I had sworn by and recommended to others.

I was so upset that I stopped using Primer and Setting Spray in my personal make-up application routine. Don't get me wrong, these products have their purpose, but they failed me when I needed them most and I do not take that lightly.

And so the quest to for make-up that lasts in this tropical climate continues.  I'm planning to try a spray that water-proofs make-up -  I'm hoping this will give me the result that I am seeking.  One thing that I do know is that I'll have to keep trying products until I find something that works for me.  The reality is that products do not always work the same for everyone, even if it has rave reviews.

"...because your make-up should always enhance." - Nakita Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment