Wednesday 17 July 2013

How to Stop Your Make-up from Running, Smudging or Fading

Summer is here, and with it comes the sweltering heat that makes you perspire and usually makes your make-up run, smudge or fade.

The question on many lips is "what can be done to help my make-up beat the heat?"



I have normal skin, with combination skin in my T-Zone area, and what works for me is make-up setting spray.  As the name implies, setting spray sets your make-up and makes it more smudge-proof and more moisture-proof.  Once Summer is over I use it whenever I want my make-up to last all day or all night.

I have tried two brands so far; here is a quick review of them:


Make-Up Forever Mist & Fix (US$29 for 4.22oz bottle)

  1. Mists evenly 
  2. Dries with an undetectable finish
  3. Pleasant smell
  4. Gentle on the skin 
  5. LOVE IT!




Graftobian Make-Up Setting Spray (US$6.95 for 1.25oz bottle, US$21.99 for 8oz refill bottle)

  1. Sprays in uneven drops
  2. Each drop dries to leave a visible, crusty dot. 
  3. I have to use my powder brush to blend the drops into my make-up before they dry
  4. Alchohal smell 
  5. Tingles on the skin
  6. I do not like it, would not repurchase


The Graftobian Setting Spray let me down big time; I really expected more from it.

 I tried shaking the bottle before spraying,  I used my empty Make-Up Forever Mist & Fix bottle,  I sprayed from the furtherest distance possible,  I tested it on my hand and neck, but I still got the same result.

 I know other persons who use it and it works for them.  That's the thing with make-up, everything does not work the same for everyone.  You have to try products to see if they will work for you.

It goes without saying that Make-Up Forever Mist & Fist wins this one by a landslide!

How do  you make your make-up last?

*New* Click here to see how E.L.F Make-up Mist & Set compares. 

"...because your make-up should always BE (Blend and Enhance)." - Nakita Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment