Wednesday 21 August 2013

The Eyes Have It



Wow, where do I begin?

Apparently a popular beauty trend in Korea right now is Aegyo Sal aka under-eye bags.  Yes, you read it correctly.

I first learnt of this trend after reading Beautystat's post and I could not believe my eyes - pun intended.  I did a double-take and my mind began to work overtime, because under-eye bags are usually avoided like the plague.  I can't even begin to understand it, I'll just accept it and move on.

I find it interesting that there are varying interpretations of beauty, especially in different cultures.  It is not a trend that I will be trying.  In fact my under-eye area is the total opposite, it is sunken and darker than the rest of my face.

In my search for a solution I've read that this is caused by broken capillaries.  It seems like my under-eye area has been like this forever, well they have been for my entire adult life.  It's as though I woke up one morning and they appeared.  I don't recall ever doing anything that would damage the thin, super-sensitive skin there.

Hold that thought - while writing this post I stumbled across Hello Magazine's article that gives more detail than anything else I have read so far.  I think stress may have caused mine.  I was studying diligently for an Undergraduate Degree; which was a far cry from the A'Level studies that I had just completed in 6th Form. Actually, stress would be an understatement.

That article also lists some solutions but I honestly don't think any of them will help me much.  I had started applying coco butter to the area after reading an article that assured it's readers that this would work.  There has been a subtle improvement but I may be at fault because I usually forget to do it.  I'm still trying to make it into a habit, but any change no matter how small is welcomed.

I am still hoping that one day I will be rid of it, but until I find the answer concealer will be my bestfriend.

"...because your make-up should always BE (Blend and Enhance)." - Nakita Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment