Friday 11 September 2015

How I 'Fixed' My Faulty Make-up Setting Spray Nozzle

I remember when Setting Spray was part of my make-up routine.  It no longer is after this happened.

I've tried three brands so far ( (read my reviews here).  Make-up Forever sprayed on evenly, but Graftobian and Elf did not.  It seemed as though the nozzles were faulty because the spray was not coming out in an even mist.  Whichever area I sprayed (cheeks, forehead etc), the spray would drench a small spot, leaving the rest of the area untouched. This was very frustrating.

I would not dare toss the product - that would be a waste of product and the money I had spent. What could I do?  I had to find a way to make it work.  I continued spraying the product onto my face but I started using my powder brush to spread it evenly.  This worked but I had to work quickly before the spray dried - so no daydreaming for this make-up addict.

One day I decided to skip spraying the setting spray on my face and I sprayed my powder brush instead. Next I pressed the dampened brush onto my face.  This worked even better than the previous method.  There was still no time to lag with my daydreams but I didn't have to work as quickly as before.




After a few days the brush started to feel sticky and stiff.  Luckily I had two of them so I started using a seperate brush to apply my powder.

I never thought that something so simple would have solved this issue.


"...because your make-up should always enhance." - Nakita Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment