Monday 24 February 2014

Get More Eyeshadow Colours By Doing This

Image Source - www.fashlimited.com



Would you believe that even though I have the FASH Professional 120 Colour Eyeshadow Palette, there was not a single colour that would be the perfect choice for two of my outfits?





And why does it have so many greens and blues when compared to the other colours?  When these large palettes first hit the scene a few years ago all of them had that 'issue', but my preferance is a more even colour distribution. When I first bought my palette I remember thinking that the 120 eyeshadows would meet all of my colour needs. I eventually realised that it would meet most of them, but why should I settle for most? I want all!!!

The colours I wanted were  violet and coral.  So what was a girl to do?  I certainly wasn't going to purchase more eyeshadows, not when I had 120 in front of me.  So I decided to put Colour Theory to the test and mix the colours I had to get the colours I wanted.

I didn't use a special formula to determine which colours to mix.  All I did was compare the colours I had with the colours I wanted:

1) violet was lighter and more red-ish' than purple but it was too dark and more 'purple-ish' than red

2) coral was looked wasn't quite pink nor orange, it looked like a bit of both


The first thing I did was apply NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone.


Image Source - www.nyxcosmetics.com


For violet I applied purple and then the red on top, and for coral I applied  Sunset Pearl and then pink on top.  For each of the custom colours I kept adding a bit more of the main colours as necessary, until they were the exact shade that I wanted.


Eyeshadow Swatches 


Left to Right - Violet, Purple,Red




Left to Right - Coral, Pink,
                      Sacha Cosmetics Sunset Pearl




It was the first time that I ever did this and I knew it wouldn't be the last.

Creating custom colours is very useful when you can't find the colour that you want anywhere because  it may have been discontinued or it wasn't launched yet. Or even if you simply want to create a lighter or darker colour.  What makes this even more fantastic is that you can also do this with lip products, blush and eyeliner.

Gone are the days when I would search all of the beauty stores; only to return home empty-handed.

Imagine the endless colour possibilities available and the money you can save from mixing colours.


"...because your make-up should always BE (Blend and Enhance)." - Nakita Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment