Tuesday 29 October 2013

Review - MAC Technique 2013


  Last Saturday I attended the sophisticated affair that was MAC Technique. 



It felt wonderful and exciting to be in the midst of make-up artists, enthusiasts and so many products.

The session was informative, fun and worth every cent.  I was still able to learn a few things despite my vast knowledge of make-up.   Even if there had been no refreshments, or the registration fee was not redeemable in MAC products; I would still have been the happiest make-up artist in the world.  It really was a win-win situation.

Before (No Flash)

The time flew by so quickly that I can't believe the session lasted for 3 hours.

I only wish that it had started at 3:00pm as advertised.  Having to wait in the sweltering heat was not fun at all and then we were rushed  to finish at the end. It was dark when I left the venue and I found myself alone at the bus stop after 6:30pm, I am thankful that the area was well lit by the gas station nearby.

For whatever reason there was not enough blushes nor lipsticks for each table but the MAC Ladies were very helpful in ensuring that each table had a chance to use them.  A scheduled break would have been a good idea because when I went for refreshments at the end of the session, the table was bare.  You see, I didn't want to miss anything and wanted to complete every stage before having a snack, but that was a bad decision it would seem.

Oh how I would have loved a Certificate of Participation.  I think that would have been the icing on this cake, hint hint for future sessions.

The Aftermath



After (No Flash, With AC)


After (With Flash, No AC)



Overall it was a WOW experience and I would recommend it to make-up enthusiasts and novices alike; to MAC addicts and those curious about MAC.


MAC here's a huge thank-you for taking me on a magical, make-up escape.  I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I must also thank Moden Makeup for posting the MAC Technique details; otherwise I would not have known about it.  Moden Makeup was in attendance and I did not even realise that Lucinda had taken a photo of me while I was getting MAC'd; check out her review here.




I now have to decide which MAC products I will choose. These will be my first MAC products and I can't wait for them to join my make-up family.

It was a tough decision, click here to find out what I purchased.

What are your MAC faves?

"...because your make-up should always BE (Blend and Enhance)." - Nakita Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment