Wednesday 3 July 2013

BMEX 2013 - Jolie Lipsticks and Lipgloss

I just learned first-hand that taking closeup lip photos is not as easy as it looks.

Applying the lip product was the easy part but capturing a decent shot can take awhile.  Especially since something that looks perfect to the human eye does not always look perfect on camera, and correcting those imperfections takes time also.  I started happily at 6 pm and it's now 8 pm, you can do the maths.

The good news is that here are the swatches of the three products that were bought from the Jolie Lipsticks booth at BMEX 2013.



As soon as I got home I tried it on my lips but the lipstick did not glide on smoothly because my lips are naturally dry.  I wiped it off, applied Lip Balm first and the lipstick went on like 'butter on a warm dinner roll'.

I love everything about my Matte Paprika Lipstick; from the elegant packaging to the vibrancy of it's colour.
I can tone it down for a day at the office or I can amp it up for a night on the town.  I can wear it matte or I can add some gloss because I'm a glossy lips girl.

Here's what my mother had to say about her Matte Burgandy Lipstick and Stiletto Lipgloss - " Both of the colours are lovely, but Stiletto is my favourite because that name is associated with class/style and I love it's glossy finish."

I guess that's where I get my love of gloss from, thanks mum.

My mother and I speak for the young and the young at heart; Jolie Lipsticks has a colour and a finish for everyone.  Some of the colours we wanted were sold out at BMEX, but we placed our orders and can't wait to get them.  As soon as they arrive we'll review those too.

This has been one of my favourite reviews so far.  Not only because of the excellent product but also because it allowed my mother and I to spend some quality time together, sharing in something that we both love.

Which type of lipstick do you prefer - matte or glossy, and which brands are your favourite?

Is there anyone that you share your love of make-up with?

"...because your make-up should always BE (Blend and Enhance)." - Nakita Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment