Primer is no longer limited to painting, BB does not only refer to a Smartphone, CC means much more than carbon-copy and setting spray is not only for your hair.
I often ask myself if I really need whatever the current craze is. Sometimes the answer is yes; other times it is a loud no.
For some women, many products are not a part of their beauty routine for one of two reasons - they are either unaware of the benefits of using the products or they are not sure how to use them.
Here are some of the products that I used to leave on the shelf; plus the reasons I now love them:
- My skin care routine consisted of washing my face with my bath soap. After I was advised that bath soap is too harsh for the skin on your face; I began using cleanser, toner, moisturiser and facial scrubs.
- I used to only wear face powder and thought I didn't need foundation; until I realised that both of them work together. The foundation creates a base for the powder and helps the powder to last longer.
- I loved how mascara lengthened my short lashes but my eyes used to water and would leave my eye area messy . Enter water-proof mascara and the end of that problem.
- Concealer meant nothing to me until I saw how it brightened my dark under eye area. These days I don't leave home without it.
- I believed that I could not wear blush because I have dark skin. But a hint of blush takes my make-up to a whole new level. I also use bronzer depending on the effect that I want to create.
After I started using each of these products, my make-up looked so much better.
What about you, which products do you or did you leave on the shelf?
"...because your make-up should always BE (Blend and Enhance)." - Nakita Squires