Sunday 5 May 2013

Love It Or Leave It?

There are so many make-up products available today.  Every advancement within the make-up industry leaves me wondering "what could they possibly think of next"?

Primer is no longer limited to painting,  BB does not only refer to a Smartphone, CC means much more than carbon-copy and setting spray is not only for your hair.

I often ask myself  if I really need whatever the current craze is.  Sometimes the answer is yes; other times it is a loud no.

For some women, many products are not a part of their beauty routine for one of two reasons - they are either unaware of the benefits of using the products or they are not sure how to use them.

Here are some of the products that I used to leave on the shelf; plus the reasons I now love them:




  • My skin care routine consisted of washing my face with my bath soap.  After I was advised that bath soap is too harsh for the skin on your face;  I began using cleanser, toner, moisturiser and facial scrubs.


  • I used to only wear face powder and thought I didn't need foundation; until I realised that both of them work together.  The foundation creates a base for the powder and helps the powder to last longer.


  • I loved how mascara lengthened my short lashes but my eyes used to water and would leave my eye area messy .  Enter water-proof mascara and the end of that problem.  


  • Concealer meant nothing to me until I saw how it brightened my dark under eye area.  These days I don't leave home without it.


  • I believed that I could not wear blush because I have dark skin.  But a hint of blush takes my make-up to a whole new level. I also use bronzer depending on the effect that I want to create.


After I started using each of these products, my make-up looked so much better.

What about you, which products do you or did you leave on the shelf?

"...because your make-up should always BE (Blend and Enhance)." - Nakita Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment