Wednesday 22 May 2013

Does Expensive Make-up Always Equal Better Make-Up?


When I started wearing make-up I was a teenager attending school and I had to use a lot of the more affordable brands.  As an adult I still use some of those brands, and others I replaced as soon as I could.

Over the years I have used a variety of make-up products from every price range available. Sometimes the expensive products did justice to their price tag, and other times they disappointed.  I have also been pleasantly surprised by some of the more affordable products.



Here is a list of products that are always welcome in my personal cosmetic bag:

Skin Care -  Simple products nourish my skin without irritating it.

Mattifier - Mary Kay gives my face a fresh, powdered look.

Foundation - Ben Nye, Iman and Mary Kay match my skin tone perfectly and feel light as a feather on my skin.

Powder - Iman and Mary Kay give my face a matte finish. 

Mascara - Maybelline Lash Stilleto and L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion lengthen my very short lashes.

Brow Liner - Milani and Kleancolour fill my brows without making them look fake.

Eye Shadow - L.A. Girl and Jordana are so pigmented that I don't have to apply multiple layers for the colour to show up on my dark skin tone. 

Lipstick - NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colours and Milani are very moisturizing.

Lip Gloss - Lancome Juicy Tubes give my lips the perfect glossy effect.


Don't miss out on all that make-up has to offer just because you can't afford the more expensive products. There are reputable, affordable products that can do the job just as good or even better. 

Which products are on your welcome list? 

"...because your make-up should always BE (Blend and Enhance)." - Nakita Squires

No comments:

Post a Comment