Wednesday 17 April 2013

The Make-up Challenge

No, I am not referring to a contest, but to the fact that most eye-shadows, blushes, bronzers, lipsticks and lipglosses do not show up on my dark skin tone.

The reviews rave about how pigmented the products are, but when I try them it's the total opposite.  Sometimes I would sample the product based on how pigmented it looks but when I apply the product the colour is undetectable .

Most times I have to apply multiple layers of the product before I see a hint of colour, and after all of that effort it still doesn't look look like the same colour in the package.


Image Source:http://www.eyeshadowlipstick.com/9853/an-explosion-of-color/

Yellow and orange eye-shadows are the most challenging; while the black, dark blue, dark green and dark purple are the easiest to work with.  The reds and pinks are somewhere in the middle.

Applying eye-shadows with a damp brush or sponge applicator really works wonders; it boosts the vibrancy of the colour.  I wear the lipsticks and lipglosses over another colour to add some life to them, and all I can do is hope for the best with the bronzers and blushes.

I LOVE COLOUR, I WANT COLOUR!!!

Why can't I have more colour in my make-up life?

I really wish there were more affordable products out there that were pigmented enough for beauties with dark skin tones.

What is your make-up challenge when shopping for make-up?

"...because your make-up should always BE (Blend and Enhance)." - Nakita Squires

2 comments:

  1. I don't know girlie but you already know what I did...expensed myself and bought a few products from MAC and make do with the few I can afford. Also because my skin reacts badly to certain products so I'd rather have a few expensive ones that work well rather than cheap ones that don't work so good. I've also got a couple Iman ones as well as eye-shadow from when I travelled overseas...seems to be the best bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding make-up for sensitive skin can be so frustrating sometimes. I'm glad you found something that works for you.

    ReplyDelete